A Fiery Fury

A Fiery Fury

Monday, December 28, 2020

2020 : The "Art Year" That Went Sideways...

 Along with the Year of 2020 going sideways.... So did my art and creativity.... 

But, my story first begins in October 2019, when I dreamed up a few paintings I decided to call, "The Utopian Series". As we know Utopias are never what they seem... 

I was on a roll... and started a painting that was to be the first in a series, early December 2019. 

Then came the "Covid Year" ..... and with it came "My Un-Creative Year".... 

2020 was planned for being creative, full of promise, and living. 2020... it rolls off the tongue! But 2020 became the cursed year of stagnation and not much of anything happening. Just trying to make sense of a world I once knew turned upside down on its head. Perhaps, a dollop of melancholy became my worst affliction.

But, I promised that the painting I started  in late 2019 would be finished before the end of Covidworld 2020. And, so my long awaited painting: "KILROY WAS HERE" is now completed. The original painting has had some 2020 additions to it, reflecting the Dystopian "Utopia" that was the Covid Year of 2020.... 


No matter what happens in the future, we need to keep our eyes focused on God, during the storms of life..

From UFOs and Aliens, to Covid Lockdowns and Murder Hornets, 2020 has been one very crazy, weird year. I don't think it is going to end in 2021, though.

There is some small bits of writing that cannot be read in the photo of this painting, but critical to the whole meaning....

The "alien writing" on the radio telescope satellite dish spells out: "KILROY WAS HERE"

The words under the UFO, and continuing under the title of the painting: "NO I DON'T COME IN PEACE. I come in the name of Satan and my purpose is to deceive, harm and destroy you" 

and, "NO I AM NOT AN ALIEN FROM OUTER SPACE. I am a demonic fallen angel. I am not an extraterrestial. I am interdimensional"

Under the two cherubs, gazing down is a verse from 1 Peter 3:12 - "For the eyes of the LORD are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers: But the face of the LORD is against them that do evil."

There is always Hope, Grace and Mercy to be found in our Lord, Jesus Christ

May we enter the Year 2021 in the Peace of Christ.




No comments: